For today’s recipe, I decided to turn an old Easter favorite into a modern day gluten-free classic. My grandmother used to always make these little eggs and nest with my sister and I every Easter. They were easy and fun and seemed to put me in the Easter spirit. The original recipe calls for chow mein noodles, but those have gluten. I was able to find some gluten-free ones online (http://www.allinkosher.com/p-55002-paskesz-chow-mein-noodles-gluten-free-non-gebrokts-78-oz-kosher-parve.aspx) , but the shipping was more than the product so I thought, “Why bother!” Instead, I substituted gluten-free pretzel sticks!
Gluten Free Easter Eggs and Nest
Ingredients:
1 bag gluten-free pretzel sticks (I used Glutino)
1 1/2 cup butterscotch chips (Toll House have gluten!)
1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips
1 bag egg shaped candy of your choice (just be careful to ready ingredients)
Instructions:
In a double boiler, heat water.
Add the butterscotch and peanut butter chips.
Over medium heat, stir the chips until melted.
Add in pretzels sticks (it's a good idea to break about half of them in half so
you don't have so many long pieces to work with). Stir until the pretzels are well coated.
On a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, cluster together the pretzels to resemble a nest.
Top with 2-3 mini egg candies. Refrigerate until firm.
Serve and enjoy! The pastel colors are getting me in the mood for spring!








No comments:
Post a Comment