So what exactly is gluten?
Gluten in the protein found in wheat, rye, and barley. It is a complex mixture of certain wheat proteins that makes up one of the largest protein molecules found in nature.
Usually, gluten is used as a protein or food additive. It is what gives dough its elasticity and baked goods their light and fluffy texture. It is what helps dough to rise. When you can’t eat gluten, many traditional baked goods are off-limits.
When I woke up on Sunday morning, I was craving a warm, savory baked good. A quick and easy option is to make scones! They are warm, flaky, and remind me of my childhood. And even better, this recipe takes no time to make and the scones bake in just 14 minutes!
Cheddar Chive Scones
2 1/2 cups Pamela Baking and Pancake Mix Gluten Free Flour flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2c tsp salt
4 tbsp cold unsalted butter
3/4 cups buttermilk
1 egg, beaten
4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
3 tbsp chopped chives
1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water or milk, for egg wash
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 375°.
In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
Using cutter or knives, cut in the butter until it resembles pea sizes.
Add the milk and egg and stir with a fork to combine.
Mix in the cheddar and chives until just combined.
Using a ¼ dry measuring cup, scoop the scones onto an ungreased baking sheet.
Use a pastry brush and spread the egg wash over each scone.
Bake for 14 minutes.
Delicious! What a wonderful addition to a Sunday brunch! Serve warm and enjoy!


3 comments:
You are incredible!!! Who took the picks of you. I'm trying to think of all my gluten free friends to send this to. Have you thought about a job with pamelas baked stuff. Great recipe. I can't wait to try!!! I love you and I'm so proud of you. B
The scone sandwich was delicious!
Hi B! Thank you! Love you, too! I have thought about a job with them but they are in california :( its a flour mix that they have added ground almonds into so it has more protein like regular flour. I take some and had Chase take some of the pictures! Miss you!!
And thank you lotek! Glad you liked it!
Post a Comment